Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Letting Go.

I spend a lot of my day driving around town and to be honest, it gives me way to much time to think.  Think about People, Places, Things and sometimes something as silly as why I like the smell of Cherry flavored Chapstick, but I don't like using it?
With that being said, my time in the car often leads to mass confusion as well.  Again, about people, places, things and will God really never give me more than I can handle.  So far, he's proven that to me, but it's been close at times.
I have a friend right now who recently went through a divorce and his having trouble with her two daughters.  They don't understand why their Dad won't spend time with them.
I have another friend who is dealing with the loss of a loved one, by choice, not death.
Over the weekend my Dad had what equated to a heart attack.
Suddenly, all of my little problems seem so insignificant.  I find I deal with things best when I use these simple little words in my life.
"LET GO...AND LET GOD"
It's when I truly hand things over to him that he eventually shows me the path he has intended for me.  
While it's not always the easiest thing to do.  For today, it's all I can do.
God Bless each of you.
Ken

No comments: